If you received a layoff notice, your job is being eliminated and/or you’re being reassigned you need to contact your union. If you are a California State University Employee’s Union represented employee at San Jose State University, here is who you call:
- Vera Acevedo, Chapter President, email@example.com, 408-924-5200
- Sarah Portales, Secretary / Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-924-1993
- Michael Condon, Membership Chair, email@example.com, 408-808-2116
- Patricia Jones, Steward Representing Bargaining Unit 2, Patricia.Jones@sjsu.edu, 408-924-6115
- Jose Rico, Steward Representing Bargaining Unit 5, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-393-9588
- Gilbert Villareal, Steward Representing Bargaining Unit 7, Gilbert.Villareal@sjsu.edu, 408-924-2952
- Dennis Fox, Chief Steward, Steward Representing Bargaining Unit 9, email@example.com, 408-924-2334
Also, CSUEU General Membership Meeting
Thursday, 29 April 2010, 11:30 to 1:30
Student Union Amphitheater
This is a very important meeting that you will not want to miss. We will be discussing layoff alternatives and much more!
Please post this flier in your area!
- CSUEU Know Your Rights flyer on layoffs [PDF]
- Unit 9 News Post: An online newsletter for and about members of Bargaining Unit 9, represented by the California State University Employees Union (CSUEU).
- SJSU President: Layoffs “Part of Our Planning”
- San José State University Budget Update 4/15/2010 (San José State University News)
- San José State Announces Non-Faculty Layoffs (San José State University news release)
- Contract Article 24: Layoff language in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Current full CSU-CSUEU Contract
- CSUEU Chapter 307: San José
- SJSU News Releases
Background information on layoff contract language and diversity in the contract.
- Proposition 209 (Wikipedia) | Analysis of Prop 209 by Leg Analyst’s Office
This law made affirmative action against the law for state agencies.
- Past CSU-CSUEU (formerly CSEA) Contracts
Notice that past collective bargaining agreements contained diversity language in article 24.
NOTE –> These are my own personal opinions, views, information and perspectives regarding the labor movement in general and our local union, Chapter 307 of CSUEU, the California State University Employees Union at SJSU, San Jose State University, San Jose, California. This in NOT meant to represent the official union position on this or any other matter.